Directions to the Stagecoach Prairies
Access Belwin Conservancy's Stagecoach Prairie Natural Area's 4.5 miles of gently rolling trails via one of two parking lots: 1) on Stagecoach Trail South or 2) on 11th Street in Afton, Minnesota.
For directions to other Belwin Conservancy locations:
The trailhead at the Belwin Conservancy's Stagecoach Prairie Natural Area is located about one and a half miles south of Interstate 94 on Stagecoach Trail.
From the West/Twin Cities
- Travel eastbound on Interstate 94 towards Wisconsin.
- Exit at exit 253 which is Manning Avenue or Highway 95 South.
- At the top of the ramp, turn right onto Manning Avenue.
- Immediately get into the left lane and turn left onto Hudson Road, the south frontage road.
- Travel east on Hudson Road for just over 3 miles.
- Turn Right onto Stagecoach Trail. This will be the second stop sign you encounter on Hudson Road.
From the East/Wisconsin
- Travel westbound on Interstate 94 towards the Twin Cities.
- After crossing the bridge over the Saint Croix River, exit immediately at exit 258 which is Saint Croix Trail or Highway 95 North.
- At the bottom of the ramp, turn left onto Saint Croix Trail.
- Immediately get into the right lane and turn right onto 8th Street, the south frontage road.
- Travel west on 8th Street for roughly half a mile.
- At the stop sign, turn left onto Stagecoach Trail.
On Stagecoach Trail
- From I94, travel South on Stagecoach Trail for 1.5 miles.
- Parking for the trailhead is on your left after the 'S' curve. This entrance delivers you directly into the prairie.
- A second woodland trailhead is located .2 miles further down Stagecoach Trail S. off 11th Street.